GeoTools V10 is the first version of GeoTools to be compatible with AutoCAD 2010.
New commands added in GeoTools
GT_CONNECTBLOCKS command: GeoTools -> Block Tools -> Connect blocks based on attribute values
GT_ATTROTATE command: GeoTools -> Block Tools -> Rotate attribute
GT_ATTUPRIGHT command: GeoTools -> Block Tools -> Make attribute readable
GT_ATT2XD command: GeoTools -> Conversion Tools -> Attributes to Xdata
GT_WBLOCKBC command: GeoTools -> Miscellaneous Tools -> Wblock and preserve AutoCAD Map objects)
GT_FILTER command: GeoTools -> Selection Tools -> The filter command from AutoCAD
GT_APPLOAD command : GeoTools -> Miscellaneous Tools -> Application loader with Startupsuite
GT_LENTEXT command: GeoTools -> Annotation Tools -> Create / Update length annotation
GT_TRIANGULATE command: GeoTools -> Civil Tools -> Create TIN (Delauney traingulation)
GT_TAGDEL command: GeoTools -> Blocks Tools -> Delete block attribute tags from block definition
GT_TORIENT command: GeoTools -> Text Tools -> Text Orient: Make Text, Mtext readable
GT_TRAVADJ command: GeoTools -> Civil Tools -> Perform traverse error adjustment
GT_TABLEEDIT command: GeoTools -> Miscellaneous Tools -> TABLE Edit / Explode, BricsCAD only
GT_CONVERTPOLY command: GeoTools -> Conversion Tools -> Heavy-Weight-To-Light-Weight
GT_EASYATT command: GeoTools -> Block Tools -> Multiple-Choice attribute editor
GT_EASYATT_SETUP command: GeoTools -> Block Tools -> Multiple-Choice attribute editor setup
GT_EASYOD command: GeoTools -> AutoCAD Map Tools -> Multiple-Choice object data editor
GT_EASYOD_SETUP command: GeoTools -> AutoCAD Map Tools -> Multiple-Choice object data editor setup
1. GT_CONTLABEL (GeoTools Annotation Label contour polylines): The GT_CONTLABEL command had an option in the user-interface to hode the contour line under the text with a WIPEOUT object but this option was greyed out and not functional. This has now been made operational.
2. GT_3DOFFSET (GeoTools Build Tools Offset 3d polylines): The GT_3DOFFSET command has been significantly enhanced. You can now offset a 3d polyline on both sides (at once) as well as specify the layer into which the offsetted polyline must go. The ability to perform a 'Both Sides' offset significantly cuts down drafting time for civil/survey/map users who use this tool to create roadways, corridors and 3d ramps etc. In layer settings, it is now possible to create offset polylines either in the Current, Source or specific layers.
3. GT_MVMEASURE (GeoTools Build Tools Multiple-Variable measure) : The GT_MVMEASURE command now has its own scale factor option. You can now specify a block scale factor for each block that it inserts. It will no longer take the X and Y scale factors from the global defaults.
4. GT_REPBLK (GeoTools Blocks Tools Replace Block) : The operation of the 'Select Manual' method has been changed slighlty. Instead of offering an option to choose the layer name(s) first, the program now offers a 'Select objects' prompt first. If no objects are selected, the option to filter by layer name(s) is offered next. This change has been effected to make the process of selection more intuitive.
5. GT_XV (GeoTools Polyline Toolset 2 Express Pedit)
: Two new enhancements have been made in the way the Z values for vertices are set. You can now acquire Z values by picking neighboring text objects or by picking an existing point or 3d feature to use its Z as the vertex elevation. These two additions can be specified via the SEttings sub-option of the GT_XV command, in addition to the old method of explicitly keying in a Z value for vertex.
7. GT_SEGLABEL (GeoTools Annotation Tools Annotate Segment Labels) : A new option has been added to perform Slope annotation. It is called 'Per Mille', which translates into 'Per 1000'. It is often used in hydraulics to denote the slopes of canal beds and similar structures. Additionally, you can now specify an exaggeration factor to use when you are annotation polylines which are in Elevation View. So, if your 'Elevation View' polyline is already exxagerated 10 times in Z, you should apply a reversal exageration factor of 0.1 while doing GT_SEGLABEL to get the correct slope figures.
8. GT_IMPEX (GeoTools Export Tools Import/Export points and lines): This command has been enhanced. A new 'Multiple Descriptions Import' capability has been added which makes it possible for text files containing additional description data to be imported into the drawing as attributes, object data or plain text. Until now, only one description field was possible via the format descriptor PENZD,.. etc. Now, you can bring in as many and all of the descriptions into the DWG
9. GT_DELVX (GeoTools
Polyline ToolSet 1 Delete Vertex)
: An 'X' (Exit) option has been added to this command to gracefully exit without having to bail out of the command using the ESC key.
GT_BLKEDIT : (GeoTools Block Tools Edit block graphics and attribute properties independently) The SlideX and SlideY options were not working correctly when the text had middle and right justifications. This has been corrected.
GT_ISOD : (GeoTools Layer Tools Isolate Layer(s)) and GT_RESTORE (GeoTools Layer Tools Restore Isolated layer(s)): Both these commands caused a crash in AutoCAD 2009 and 2010. This has now been fixed.
GT_ANNOTATEENDS: (GeoTools Annotation Tools Annotate ends of line/polylines with symbols): A bug has been fixed in this command which was causing the command to crash when used on closed polylines.
GT_XP_ATT : (GeoTools Block Tools Explode blocks, Retain attributes as Text) : This command was crashing in AutoCAD 2010. This has now been fixed.
GT_BREAKX : (GeoTools Drawing Cleanup Tools Break Corssing Objects at Ends) : This command has been made more stable and tested under unique data conditions. It is now much more fool-proof than before.
GT_INTEX : (GeoTools Drawing Cleanup Tools LineWorks Intersection processor): This command has been made more stable and tested under unique data conditions. It is now much more fool-proof than before.